> How do you see the project as a whole being useful as a donation... from
the perspective of Apache?

Possibly as a cool showpiece for the capabilities of TLF.  But I'm ok if
Apache doesn't want to receive this.  If there's enough interest in it - I
might release the code as open source anyway - on github or google-code.

As I said, I can lend some advice and guidance to the development of your
text wrapping Flex component.

I'd just like to explore - - do you think there would be any interest from
Apache for my other projects?  MadComponents and MC3D.

MadComponents is a popular alternative to mobile Flex.
http://madskool.wordpress.com/2012/01/23/why-developers-are-using-madcomponents/

MC3D is my Stage3D enhancement to MadComponents, transitions and effects.
See:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5mx9YVDmyo

The justification in Apache managing these would probably be that they are
popular with AIR/Flash-Platform developers.  I'm almost ready to let go a
bit, and allow other developers more contribution.  Apache would be a great
way to manage this transition - if you feel it comes under your remit.
 Just an idea.