I believe this has been brought up before, but why are these discussions
accepted as part of 'dev'? Most of these conversations end up over time to be
the Mark Twain "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" type. Given
the unique controversial nature of flash, should we have a 'discussion' or
'opinion' section like the Wall Street Journal does?

I fully endorse the discussions about Flex and Flash death, but I don't see how
they are part of development. I'd rather subscribe to a op-ed thread and read
it there. I believe the 'spirit' within the group is that these conversations
will decline over time, but I personally would rather see them
compartmentalized and focused.

In engineering, there's a wide chasm between negative feedback that is intended
to lead to constructive strategy and action, and negative feedback that is
rooted in uninformed doubt. I don't feel that the source of discussions are
intended to contribute to development, but rather indulge in speculative fear.

That being said, I have 4.9 installed and would like to help out, don't have a
lot of time to start with. At this point I'd think I'd be better off with
helping docs than bugs, let me know how I can help.