What I use to do is I commit generaly by JIRA Ticket, it happens I can do more commits but amend them to still have one commit for a specific JIRA Ticket at push time, if my ticket take time and a lot of commits, I create a feature branch which I squash a merge time using git merge --squash -m 'new ' newFeature.

-Fred

-----Message d'origine----- From: Justin Mclean
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 3:54 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Git and revision numbers

Hi,

Also how do we identify which GIT check in fixed a JIRA bug? Used to be that we just add the SVN revision checkin but now a push can result in several checkins.

I would say indicating the JIRA Ticket id in the commit message
In every commit message? You may make a dozen or more local commits before pushing - is there any way of adding a message when pushing? Can we enforce this in any way?

What about the reverse how do we indicate what commits were made in the JIRA ticket?

We can link to the diff web view but you have to do that for every local commit you made. eg https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flex-sdk.git;a=commitdiff;h=fc57407c78d25a64afce4c12ac759139720f4347