Hi,

Thanks for going though that.

> ---------------------------------
> You add locales
> ---------------------------------
> U:\gitLab\work\asf\flex\testWorkFlow\justin>git checkout -b
> test_Rebased_Hotfix_Without_Conflic
> Switched to a new branch 'test_Rebased_Hotfix_Without_Conflic'

etc etc

Actually it wasn't quite like that in that as files and directories already
existed. It does seem a bit excessive to make a branch just to change a single
file and it also assumes I have no other changes and a perfectly clean tree
(not the case). As the branch is local and not shared with anyone else do you
really need a branch for a simple change to a singe file?

> U:\gitLab\work\asf\flex\testWorkFlow\justin>git pull --rebase origin develop

This is the bit I'm confused about why would I use --rebase when all
documentation I've read say it dangerous to use and it hard to undo (unlike
merge) and it difficult to see what it's going to do (no --dry-run) - I know
both of this situations have work arounds (mostly) but they are complex. It
seems to me that knowing what about to happen and being able to back out of it
if things go wrong is far more important than having a totally "clean" history.
It's not like the history produced was incorrect or even confusing.

> U:\gitLab\work\asf\flex\testWorkFlow\justin>git merge --no-ff
> test_Rebased_Hotfix_Without_Conflic

Why is --no-ff required? What would happen if this option wasn't used in this
case? And if I didn't make the branch in the first place there would be no need
for this merge or the hard reset below right?

> U:\gitLab\work\asf\flex\testWorkFlow\justin>git reset --hard 54072f3

How do I know I need to do this? Would I need to do this every time?

I really don't want to have to work though obscure git options and issue a
dozen git commands just to check in a single fix to a single file. If we have
to do that then I think we are using the tools incorrectly or it's the wrong
tool for the job. IMO we need to make it as easy or easier than SVN to use and
add yet more complexity.