I think what's meant by "bad practice" is that most Eclipse projects
are set up with local system dependencies in them, like paths etc.
Having that type of information under version control would mean that
everyone would change the information in the project to their required
settings, end up with a changed file, which would then become part of
the next commit, overwriting everyone else's file, who then have to
change it... ad infinitum. I we set up the Falcon project files such
that no changes need to be made, I'm perfectly happy to have them be
under source control. Will make life much easier every time you have
to set up these project anew.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software