+1 on this.  I've been sitting on the sidelines the last few weeks for that
reason.  I know there are a lot of standards that still need to be figured
out, and since I'm very green with GIT, I don't really have the time at the
moment to learn all the command line (i've been really busy with personal
and professional stuff the last few weeks as well).  My goal is not to use
the command line, but use my IDE like I did before.  Dropping to the
command line and typing 10 commands every time I want to do something is a
pain in the rear for those things that my IDE should be doing for me (I
usually have a dozen command prompt windows open at any given time, but
those are for truly interactive things).

-Nick