On 4/15/13 1:19 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> 2) CS Extensions have dependencies on a number of Adobe swcs. How do we
>>> handle the project vis a vis Apache's policies and binaries? I don't think
>>> those dependencies can be includedÅ
>>>

>> We can always have a build script that downloads the required external
>> dependencies.  As long as they are of compatible licenses and we dont check
>> them into our repos, we should be fine.  After all, the Flex SDK depends on
>> Flash Player, AIR, Batik, etc.  The build script just downloads them for
>> the user (after a license confirmation)
>>
>> Please let me know how I can help.
There is a difference in the treatment of the Flash Player and AIR SDKs,
which do not have Apache compatible licenses and are considered build tools
since the SWCs do not have code that goes in the output SWF, and the
OSMF.swc which does have a compatible license and whose code might go in the
SWF.  And yet another treatment for the embedded font library, which does
not have a compatible license and therefore must only be used for optional
features.

Which SWCs are you going to need and/or optionally need and where can we get
licensing information on them?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team