There are excellent git GUI applications out there (for the Mac:
SourceTree, and my personal favorite Tower) that will do all this
stuff automatically. New branches 'just show up' etc.

IMHO, git is one of those applications that really needs a UI, the
command line just isn't doing it justice.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27