On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:06 PM, Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> There are excellent git GUI applications out there (for the Mac:
> SourceTree, and my personal favorite Tower) that will do all this
> stuff automatically. New branches 'just show up' etc.
>
> IMHO, git is one of those applications that really needs a UI, the
> command line just isn't doing it justice.

I agree.  I know folks should be able to use whatever tool they want
(including command line tools), but a good GUI tool like TortoiseGit or
SmartGit makes a big differences for new comers to Git.

As a bonus, the console window usually shows the commands that get
executed.  A great way to learn GIT, IMO.

Thanks,
Om