On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> Om,
>
> Since you've looked at Azure before, maybe you can help with this:
>
> On our Enterprise MSDN subscription I have 1500 free 'small instance'
> hours per month. The VM I've set up is a 4 core, 7 GB 'large' machine.
>  Best I can tell there is a 4x multiplier for that type of
> instance/hour or 375 hours, barely half a month. So I figure that if I
> scale back to a 2 core instance, I have a full month of computing per
> month 'for free'... But I know nothing about this IRL, so maybe I'm
> totally off?
>
> EdB

I have been working with only my free small instance.  I never got a chance
to see if I needed a larger instance.  One thing you may want to do is to
ensure that your 'Spending limit' is set at 0.  And see when your machine
gets disabled.  That will give you an idea how many hours we get for free
with a large machine.

Not sure if that helped ;-)

Thanks,
Om