>"With all due respect, I don't believe Apache did anything good with Flex.
>They struggle with a lot of internal bureaucracy and I believe that without
>clear leadership, this "meritocracy" thing just doesn't work. For the past
>year, Apache Flex community debated whether they should move to >Git and right
>now when they did, they figured out that most people don't know how to use it,
>etc. etc. In other words, to much "nerd" driven, not enough "business
>realistic" driven."

It's an open source project, run by volunteers in their free time. Yes, it's
going to be different than when a large company was paying resources to work on
it full time and there was a marketing budget. Yes, there will be more debate.
Yes, the debate can sometimes be frustrating.

However, in all honesty, there are people here and there is work happening.
That is more than can be said for many open source projects and I, for one,
think that it is pretty cool that despite what might be called oppressive
market conditions and long processes to get here, the lights are on and things
are happening.

Mike