I had built an iPad app using Flex 4.6|AIR 3.6 sometime back. Looking at
this email, I got curious to see how my app would perform on 4.10.

Agreed! Overall performance in comparatively good.
 - Popups used to have a delay of 3-4 seconds, but now it just pops up
without any
delay.
 - Switching between tabs(for the first time) in a TabbedViewNavigator had
a delay of 3 to 4s (based on number of UI elements on each of the tab
views). But now it takes 1.5s or less.

But size got increased a little:

 - Compiled size was 9,178,761 bytes using flex 4.6|AIR 3.6 and it is
9,762,490 bytes using flex 4.10|AIR 3.8, which is just fine for me, it not
a big issue.

However, I came across one issue(which wasn't there in Flex 4.6). I am
using a datagrid with a skinClass. If I use a skin class, it shows up a
blank datagrid on the screen. But when I remove this skinclass property, it
displays the datagrid properly with all data in it.

Though datagrid is not optimized for mobile, I am still using it for my
app(iPad), as I did not find any scrolling issues. It works smoothly as it
works for web.

Screentshots for reference:
http://snag.gy/nAcyD.jpg - with skinClass in flex 4.10

http://snag.gy/zwWnA.jpg - without skinClass in flex 4.10