From: Justin Mclean [jus...@classsoftware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 8:26 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex Bylaws

Hi,

Been suggested we call this document guideline not bylaws, I'm good with that.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Draft+Guidelines

I'd also like some feedback on what currently there if at all possible.

I'd also like to see a few other PMC members and others to have input on this
and I'm not sure if the replies are representative of the community as a whole.

So far from the 6 people who have replied with a,b,c + d (thanks for that), it
reasonable clear that:
- PMC's should be voted in by consensus (ie 3 +1s and no -1s/vetos)
- Chair should be voted in by consensus  (how this works with multiple
candidates I'm not sure)
- Chair should be reviewed every year
- Bylaws/guidelines can be changed by consensus

There is no consensus on voting in committers, with people liking majority,
lazy-consensus and  consensus equally.