On 10/1/13 10:33 PM, "Justin Mclean" <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> My point is just that we at least wait to see if the ASF comes up with
>>a more definitive set of defaults
>Do we know that this is being looked into? The short discussion on
>incubator@ seem to say it a post incubation issue and on general@ that
>it's reasonably understood what the default rules are.
I'm not satisfied with the way the voting document [1] reads vs what folks
say is the "default".  Especially because the discussion on members@
resulted in a different answer.  I wrote back to Doug and pretty much said
so.  I'm planning to push to get [1] updated so we and all other projects
and podlings don't have to go through this again.  Then we'll see what, if
anything, they do want TLP's to decide and whether such a document should
be called a bylaw and that the default graduation resolution should be
amended.

IOW, I'd rather spend my time getting clarity on or helping decide these
topics for the entire ASF first.

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html