Hi Maxime,

love your example, works pretty well :). I think your approach is very near
the final solution. As my version both requires to implement two or three
more features to be valid to 99% of Flex SDK users.

In you sample I only could see a little layout problem with IBAN that make
the text overflow the bounding box when your are near the end of the text.

I agree with your comments of pros and cons of both approaches, and I'm
open to whatever we want to do.

Maybe, as we reach at this point, we should consider the component a "black
box", with a well defined API to use, so we could commit a first draft of
the component (that could ship in experimental lib in the next Apache Flex
SDK release) that behaves like it does right now and consider two main
focus:

1.- What we need to make it work on mobile (I think the FlowOperation is a
problem if it does not work on mobile, StageText,...)

2.- Make the enhancements proposed here in this thread (multiple
separators, complex prompt,...). For example regex could be left to a next
version and could be introduced without API changes, only need to support
it as a valid entry on the field...

Best,

Carlos

--