IMO, it is not a good idea to violate copyright and trademark law and wait
to see if you get caught, even if the remedy is simple.

If you are a famous celebrity and happen to buy a particular brand of
clothing and someone sees you wearing it in public, folks can probably
tweet and Facebook that they saw you wearing it, but the company that
makes the clothing probably can't put that on their site without your
permission.

I will start a thread on legal-discuss.

If you want to read more, here is a links.  Imagine that the TV company is
Apache and we are the ones wanting to use the TV company's name on our
site.

-Alex

[1] http://apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/