Within the USA, if you do work-for-hire, the IP rights and everything
associated with it generally go to employer.  That is, unless you expressly
reserve those rights.

Every country is different.  Some of my customers are happy to have me tell
their story -- others don't want people to know who worked on it in the
background (or what technology is used).  Always best to check.

-Nick