On 2/24/14 3:58 PM, "Justin Mclean" <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>And yet again we run into an issue with files that are not in source
>control (Version.as files are modified on the fly and version.properties
>files generated). And this is despite having an RC out for several weeks
>where no one noticed. Anything that's included in the source package,
>generated or not should be under version control IMO that way you know
>exactly what has changed and if there a potential issue.
This still seems funny to me.  Why should a generated file be in version
control?  Maybe it would be better to have some sort of test that the
generated files are as expected.  Like parse the name of the package to
get the version number then check a bunch of things in it?  We'd be less
likely to screw up the public package version number.