What does your renderer code look like?  If the height of the Label cannot be
completely determined from the explicitWidth of the renderer, then
measuredHeight will not compute correctly.

-Alex

From: Marcus Fritze
<marcus.fri...@googlemail.com<mailto:marcus.fri...@googlemail.com>>
Date: Friday, March 14, 2014 10:06 AM
To: "dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>"
<dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>>
Subject: print issues FLEX-23252 and FLEX-13628 was [REQUEST] tutorial....

Thanks for your question.

I attached a image to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-13628

In the AdvancedDataGridBaseEx.as Line 3056 the
item.getExplicitOrMeasuredHeight() is every time 20.

So when you look at my example image, the Label in the ItemRenderer has 2
lines. But the calculated 20 is only correct, when the Label has 1 line.

I really have no idea and of course not that experience in the "Flex internal
functions", but I think the setupRendererFromData function in the
AdvancedDataGridBaseEx.as doesn't "create" a correct ItemRenderer with the
correct sizes. Especially when ItemRenderer has a Label with variable multiline
data.

In this setupRendererFromData function we set the explicitWidth for the
ItemRenderer, but it seems that the text-calculating of the Label (in the
function createTextLinesFromTextBlock Label.as 904) inside this ItemRenderer
uses still the maxWidth = 10000 as innerWidth when calculating the height.

I am also wondering that a lot of explicitHeight and measuredHeight values are
NaN in and after running the setupRendererFromData function. So maybe the
ItemRenderer is not setup correctly? Really, I have no clue.

Am 14.03.2014 um 17:25 schrieb Alex Harui