Hi,

> AFAICT, it is the Google font, not the Adobe Font.
Sorry I don't know and hard to tell where it come from as there no other info
in that directory. May be in the fonts metadata I guess? IMO All the more
reason for stating it somewhere.

> Specifically, what changes do you propose to the release package?
Just add somthing like:
The Open Sans fonts in <dir> are licensed under the Apache 2.0 license and
copyright XXXX Google. See <google URL> for more info.

I guess an alternative would be putting some license text in that font
directory but that sort of hides it.

> What part of the AL says that a copyright must be included/acknowledged

Redistribution section 4 part c

  (c) You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works
          that You distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and
          attribution notices from the Source form of the Work,
          excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of
          the Derivative Works; and

The AL only refers to NOTICE file and not the LICENSE file. Remember reading
there's some reason for that but would need to search for it.

We do need to abide by the terms of 4c and it's also nice to know (and tell
users) were bundled bits come from, esp in case there's any questions down the
track. Like now.