I don't have an opinion on this general topic one way or another (I prefer
using British English spelling, but I was raised on American English)

However regarding class names...  Class names are class names.  If Adobe
for the past 10-15 years had a class named BakgroundColorz, BakgroundImagez
and BakspaceControllerz,  I would not advocate changing the class name just
so its is spelled correctly after so many years of it being another way.  I
don't see the point in that.  Class names are class names, they are not
words which require correct spelling.  Though they do require consistent
spelling and usage.

brought to you by the letters A, V, and I
and the number 47