Hi Erick,
Nice introduction, I just wanted to ask, it is written "Any issues found should
be fixed - preferably by the reporter - and committed to the 'release' branch",
why not fix on the dev branch and cherry picked onto the release one avoiding a
merge back to the dev branch ?
A nice article too [1] btw !

Frédéric THOMAS
[1] http://producingoss.com/fr/stabilizing-a-release.html