Hi Jeffry,

*Why wouldn't you just call commitProperties() directly?*

commitProperties() is a protected method.

The OP stated that he is working with *some UIComponent *and that he
changed public properties such as *includeInLayout= false *and
*selectedItem**. *I took this to mean he is asking how to manipulate the
component's state using the component's public interface.

If he is going to create a subclass of UIComponent and add state logic
internally, he may as well call commitProperties() directly within the
component.

--
Jake Knerr - Flex Developer
Ardisia Labs