In theory, if you don’t define any environment variables, and mxmlc is in
the js/bin folder, it should be able to use SCRIPT_HOME to back up a few
levels and assume FLEX_HOME and FALCON_HOME is there.

But of course, this is all theory.  Examining the bin/mxmlc might shed
some light on what is broken in js/bin/mxmlc.

For me, the script did work without modification and without environment
variables if I changed directories to js/bin and ran mxmlc from there.

Again, thanks for helping out,
-Alex