Again, I could certainly be wrong, but my understanding of the rules is
that an Apache project can’t publish a file of coordinates that isn’t an
exact copy of the original .svg file if the file is CC-BY-SA.

My understanding is that any modifications cannot be placed under AL (or
into the public domain as some modifiers have claimed) and must be under
CC-BY-SA, and that restriction makes CC-BY-SA incompatible with the Apache
License.

In digging into this, I think I’ve discovered that the blank map is
derived from [1].

It looks like your modifications were done to allow mouse targeting of the
individual states.  I noticed on [1] there is a clickable version.  I
haven’t looked to see if it has more easy-to-use data.  Anyway, I think we
can transform the unmodified data at runtime if you do need to break it up
into pieces, but we can’t break it up through some other tool and store it
in a file.

What a pain...
-Alex

[1]