Is there any option to avoid multiple instances of the map? I did try using
extent

var et:MapExtent = new MapExtent(90, -90, 180, -180);
              //  myMap.map.setExtent(et);
                myMap.extent = et;

But there is no change in the map.

The problem is, for US map, some part gets drawn on one instance and rest
of the part gets drawn on another instance of the map.

Screen shot for reference. Here, 'B' needs to be in 'A's location.
http://snag.gy/43s6a.jpg