I think this would be equivalent of having a Node.js talk at a client
conference.  i.e. someone immersed in client side technologies will be
interested in seeing what is a viable option among the server side
technologies.  Node.js seems familiar because it is Javascript based which
means that client side folks can quickly ramp up with it.

In the same way, we can highlight the fact that AS3 is closer to a language
like Java which means that server side folks (who know java) can rapidly
build web applications without having to learn a brand new type of
language.  Heck, this is why Flex got famous in the the first place.
Enterprise Java developers could suddenly build cool looking front end apps!

With FlexJS, it is the same.  The jump for a Java dev to go to FlexJS/AS3
is much smaller than the one to Javascript/AngularJS etc.  I guess this
this is how we need to project Flex and FlexJS.

And of course, we need some cool titles to attract people.  Justin gave a
talk titled - 'Treat your codebase like a crime scene'.  I am sure it got a
lot of attention :-)

I think if there are enough number of people interested in creating a
track, it wont be hard to make it happen.  And then it is a matter of
having sufficient number of talks in the track to fill the day(s)

I hope Chris can shed more light on this process.

Thanks,
Om