Sounds like there is consensus to implement Material.  Again, though, I
would like to see the Basic components be as basic as possible: a <button
/> for Button, a <span /> for Label, etc.  AIUI, there is no way to get
control over every pixel.  On my Mac, with the OS theme I've selected, the
browser is going to show a blue radio for the radio button.  And
preferably, the CSS files we end up will not be huge.  Hopefully, that
will be sufficient for folks if what we end up with for the Basic
components isn't true Material.

A separate component set is probably needed to fully implement Material
and control every pixel.  I would like to see that happen too.  And it
would be fine for early versions of the SWF equivalents to not replicate
every pixel, and wireframe the right bounding boxes, but I believe that
the SWF-side CSS implementation would need upgrading to even do that.
Especially to take an existing Material implementation on the JS side and
emulate it on the SWF-side.  The kinds of advanced CSS I've seen in the
FlatUI theme, for example is beyond what even regular Flex could do.

Also on our to-do list is better Media Query support so you can have
different settings for different media/platforms/devices etc.

-Alex