I think I missed the correct config file the first time around, and I fixed
this.

The change is that SVG components such as Rect, Circle, etc, should now need
the library://ns.apache.org/flexjs/svg namespace in MXML instead of
library://ns.apache.org/flexjs/basic.

So to use vsg compenents, you’d need to do this:
xmlns:svg="library://ns.apache.org/flexjs/svg”

and <svg:Circle/>

(eventually, I expect we’ll have <canvas:Circle/> as well)