Hi,

I’ll respond to your email in full later.

Lets assume we make it a bead.

In this case it will add more lines of code (about a dozen) to HTTPService and
will have a bigger cost people who both use it and don’t use it. Currently it’s
only a two line method and there no runtime cost to people who don’t use it.

That doesn’t seem PAYG to me. Do you still think that is best way forward? Or
can you suggest another way to get this to work that is no cost to people who
don’t use it?

Here's what I think would need to be done. I would need to add something like
this to the JS send method (or call new method(s) that do something similar).

int noBeads:int = 0;
for (int i = 0; i < noBeads; i++) {
    if (beads[i] is CORSAuthenicationBead) {
        element.withAuthenication =  (beads[i] as
CORSAuthenicationBead).withAuthenication;
    }
}

(withAuthenication needs to set at runtime not just when the bead is added)

We could perhaps create a CORSAuthenicationBead and a
CORSRuntimeAuthenicationBead, but that’s will add more code/cost, as well as
the code above we would also need to add code in addBead as well to set
withAuthenication.

 But wait addBead only exist on the AS side not the JS side (unless sI’m
missing something):
COMPILE::SWF
public function addBead(bead:IBead):void

And this it looks like the set strand method is broken on JS:
 public function set strand(value:IStrand):void
 {
     _strand = value;
     if (_beads == null)
     {
         for each (var bead:IBead in beads)
             addBead(bead);
     }

     dispatchEvent(new org.apache.flex.events.Event("beadsAdded"));
}

So we also would need add a JS version of addBead as well with again more code
and cost.

So I’ll ask again given the above do you think that a bead is best here?
Especially when it adds runtime cost (runtime and size) to user if they use it
or not?