OK I finally found the culprit! A colleague asked me to test some DEV setup
on a database change he did. Therefor he told me to install an app which
would edit my localhost file. I did not see this as a related cause until I
saw this possible solution:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/10530208/640907

Setting the debugger to 127.0.0.1 fixes the issue for me!