Sure, trying to replicate the TS compiler in our code base would be a lot
of work especially if we wanted to also get SWF output.

But I think for JS-only output there is a possible shortcut where we
replace Google Closure Compiler with the TS compiler and essentially pass
through the TS code.

Of course, I could be wrong.

-Alex