Hi Robert,

+1 for a change to where the KeyedDeserializationSchema is located. I was
just starting to wonder how I should name the Kinesis's
deserializationSchema if I were to create another one in the same package.

For Kinesis, the API returns String for key, byte[] for value, String for
streamName (similar to Kafka topic), and a String for the offset. So I would
definitely need to create a new deserializationSchema for this.

For https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-3229, I'll create the
required new interfaces in Kinesis connector specific packages. I'd be happy
to help with relocating the current KeyedDeserializationSchema related
interfaces and classes to Kafka specific package as a seperate issue, if you
want to =)

Cheers,
Gordon