Hi Xuefu,

Thanks for the feedback. I think JVM is used as we don't need to
distinguish scala/java based function for now.
But as DDL is an important interface for Flink users. I think we should
make it extendable for the future.
As you said, It is JAVA and SCALA are in the  LANGUAGE level rather than
JVM. Given I think we should change it
to JAVA.

For the "SHOW FUNCTIONS" and "ALTER FUNCTION", it is my
mistake. Bowen actually aligned with me to include it.
I just added what is implemented in m previous PR
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/9689.
The implementation plan will be like this
1) the existing PR will be updated to align with the new "CREATE FUNCTION"
and "DROP FUNCTION"
2) Another PR will be created to focus on "SHOW FUNCTIONS" and "ALTER
FUNCTION".

I updated the FLIP-79
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16kkHlis80s61ifnIahCj-0IEdy5NJ1z-vGEJd_JuLog/edit#>
doc, please review one more time.