Hi everyone,

It has already been two months since we released the Flink 1.9.1.
We already have many important bug fixes from which our users can benefit
in the release-1.9 branch (85 resolved issues).
Therefore, I propose to create the next bug fix release for Flink 1.9.

Most notable fixes are:

- [FLINK-14074] MesosResourceManager can't create new taskmanagers in
Session Cluster Mode.
- [FLINK-14995] Kinesis NOTICE is incorrect
- [FLINK-15013] Flink (on YARN) sometimes needs too many slots
- [FLINK-15036] Container startup error will be handled out side of the
YarnResourceManager's main thread
- [FLINK-14315] NPE with JobMaster.disconnectTaskManager

Furthermore, there is one issue marked as blocker for 1.9.2 which should be
merged before 1.9.2 release:

- [FLINK-15266] NPE in blink planner code gen (reviewing)

If there are any other blocker issues need to be fixed in 1.9.2, please let
me know.
I will kick off the release process once blocker issues have been merged.

It would be very appreciated if there is any PMC can help with the final
steps of the release process.

Best,
Hequn