The process in my mind is somehow like this commit[1] which belongs to this
pr[2]
that we firstly introduce the new implementation and then replace it with
the original
one. The difference is that these two versions of decorators are not api
compatible
while adding a switch for such an internal abstraction or extracting a
clumsy
"common" interface doesn't benefit.

Best,
tison.