Hi Jark, Hi Rui,

1) How should we execute statements in CLI and in file? Should there be a difference? So it seems we have consensus here with unified bahavior. Even though this means we are breaking existing batch INSERT INTOs that were asynchronous before.

2) Should we have different behavior for batch and streaming?
I think also batch users prefer async behavior because usually even those pipelines take some time to execute. But we need should stick to standard SQL blocking semantics.

What are your opinions on making async explicit in SQL via `BEGIN ASYNC; ... END;`? This would allow us to really have unified semantics because batch and streaming would behave the same?

Regards,
Timo