Hi Becket,

did you need to change anything to the source interface itself? Wouldn't it
be possible for users to simply use the 1.13 connector with their Flink
1.12 deployment?

I think the late-upgrade argument can be made for any feature, but I also
see that the Kafka connector is of high interest.

I'd second Till's question if there is an issue for users that start with
the current Kafka source (+bugfixes) to later upgrade to 1.13 Kafka source
with API changes.

Best,

Arvid