Hi team,

Firstly I would like to introduce Gabor or G [1] for short to the
community, he is a Spark committer who has recently transitioned to the
Flink Engineering team at Cloudera and is looking forward to contributing
to Apache Flink. Previously G primarily focused on Spark Streaming and
security.

Based on requests from our customers G has implemented Kerberos and HTTP
Basic Authentication for the Flink Dashboard and HistoryServer. Previously
lacked an authentication story.

We are looking to contribute this functionality back to the community, we
believe that given Flink's maturity there should be a common code solution
for this general pattern.

We are looking forward to your feedback on G's design. [2]

[1] http://gaborsomogyi.com/
[2]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NMPeJ9H0G49TGy3AzTVVJVKmYC0okwOtqLTSPnGqzHw/edit