I guess the idea would then be to let the proxy do the authentication job
and only forward the request via an SSL mutually encrypted connection to
the Flink cluster. Would this be possible? The beauty of this setup is in
my opinion that this setup should work with all kinds of authentication
mechanisms.

Cheers,
Till