Hi, devs,

I would like to start a discussion on FLIP-280: Introduce a new explain
mode to provide SQL advice[1].

Currently, Flink SQL EXPLAIN statement provides three details to display
the plan. However, there is a considerable gap between the current
explained result and the actual, applicable actions for users to improve
their queries.

To provide more understandable, actionable advice closer to the user's
perspective, we propose a new explain mode that analyzes the physical plan
and attaches available tuning advice and data correctness warnings.

EXPLAIN ANALYZED_PHYSICAL_PLAN <query>

I've included more details in [1], and I look forward to your feedback.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-280%3A+Support+EXPLAIN+SQL+statements+with+advice
[2] POC: https://github.com/LadyForest/flink/tree/FLIP-280

Best regards,