Hi Karthi,

Thanks for raising this proposal. It is a common use case to sink metric
"data" into downstream Prometheus. The description in the motivation
section is more or less misleading the discussion. I would suggest you
rephrase it, e.g. metrics (pre)processing via Flink is ....

The current Flip does not contain too much information about how data will
be sinked into Prometheus. Would you like to elaborate on it? Some
architecture diagrams might help us better understand your thoughts. Just
out of curiosity, since you are focusing on building the Prometheus
connector, does it make sense to build the Prometheus Source too?
Short-term stored metrics could be consumed by the Prometheus Source and,
depending on requirements, might perform some processing like aggregation.

Best regards,
Jing