Hi Arik,

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 19:55 +0200, Arik Kfir wrote:
> I've noticed that the skinconf.xml contains all the skin colors.
> Generally, that is the place they belong, but I see some problems with
> this:

<snip something we agree on/>

> What I would suggest is to introduce an additional (optional) file
> called "skin-colors.xml" which will contain the site's color
> definitions. It should be optional of course.

Yeah that would make sense.

> What's more, with this configuration, we will be able to provide
> several files - each containing the "skin-colors.xml" file to use (the
> forrest.properties can have a property that points to it, with a
> sensible default) so I can have several color configurations and
> simply "pick out" the one I want by changing a property in
> forrest.properties.
>
> What do you think?

I reckon I would not store it in the forrest.properties because the idea
is to be able to change this color settings with a cforms tool (or
something similar) in webapp mode. That brings us a step forward in the
direction of a skinbot. ;-)

I reckon it should be stored in the view (the link).

Generally speaking I am +1 to split skinconf.xml apart.

Since this changes will be post 0.7, anyway, maybe we should generally
discuss what belongs in skinconf.xml and what in e.g. contractconf.xml

salu2

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"