Thorsten Scherler wrote:
On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 13:42 +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
- making a skin have a default skinconf that can be overridden: in this way, all Apache could have an Apache skin with the copyright already set, and a consistent look;

Hmm, in 0.8 we will not have the traditional skins that we have right
now. They become views based on contracts.

I hope that's not what we are going to tell our users =-)

This contracts can be written
the way you just suggested. Create a default copyright contract that can
be used apache wide.

....BUT I would not suggest to keep it in the skinconf. The skinconf is
to inflexible due to the fact that it is configuring the WHOLE site and
not only on a per page/document base. What would you do when you have a
one page or a couple of pages with different copyright notices?

This is part of the other thread, the per-page based properties. Skinconf should be only the default for each section or page, that can overried it's values, I agree.

I think I have to stop here on this, as one should now mix that thread with this conclusion and come to a unified design, and I'm too tired.

Wanna try? :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -