Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

-  The current size is not big and I like the fact that our own docs
   show us how Forrest performs on sites with more pages.

   So if we find Forrest to be slow on our own docs-site, lets address the
   performance problem.

Yes, this is of course true. You will see that a number of people are working on this issue.

In fact this problem is only a result of the upgrade of Cocoon, Remember we are at the start of a new iteration of development. This is when we make the big changes that cause problems!

- If that is not an option or will not improve performance enough, I'd
  like to look for a solutions that will not require change the current
  functionality of the site:

   For example create a mechanism to insert such docs as late as
   possible in the pipeline so that only the last stages of skinning
   need to be done. In other words create a content type that tells
   Forrest to take a document _as is_ and skin it.

This is the move to XHTML2 as our internal format which, we hope, will be part of the forrest:views implementation.

Ross