On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 09:04 -0400, Tim Williams wrote:
> Does any actually have the select exists working with locationmap?
> I'm trying based on the syntax difference that Unico described in a
> previous mail but it looks like the SourceResolver used in
> SourceExistsSelector is null when it gets there.  I'd like to be able
> to confirm whether this is a simple syntax goof on my part or
> something else.  If anyone does have it working can you post a copy of
> the relevant bits of your locationmap?
>
> Here's what I was using just to play around with it:
>
>      <match pattern="tabs.xml">
>       <select type="exists">
>         <location src="{project:content.xdocs}tabs1.xml"/>
>         <location src="{project:content.xdocs}tabs2.xml"/>
>       </select>
>      </match>
>
> Thanks,
> --tim

Is that working for you right now?

I see the same error. I debugged the classes and found out that
try {
            final ServiceSelector selectors = (ServiceSelector)
super.m_manager.lookup(Selector.ROLE + "Selector");
            m_selector = (Selector) selectors.select(m_type);
        } catch (ServiceException e) {
            final String message = "Unable to get Selector of type " +
m_type;
            throw new ConfigurationException(message,e);
        }
in SelectNode.java is the throwing source.

Caused by:
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Unable
to get Selector of type exists
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.SelectNode.build(SelectNode.java:67)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.MatchNode.build(MatchNode.java:114)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.LocatorNode.build(LocatorNode.java:95)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.LocationMap.build(LocationMap.java:204)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.LocationMapModule.getLocationMap(LocationMapModule.java:104)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.LocationMapModule.getAttribute(LocationMapModule.java:158)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.variables.PreparedVariableResolver.processModule(PreparedVariableResolver.java:246)
        ... 37 more
Caused by: org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Unable
to provide implementation (Key='/exists')
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.service.DefaultServiceSelector.select(DefaultServiceSelector.java:116)
        at
org.apache.forrest.locationmap.lm.SelectNode.build(SelectNode.java:64)
        ... 43 more

I am looking into it. Any hints or tips?

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"