David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:

> > >We don't know that yet. Brian is not the only person
> > >in this community. It is a pity that no-one can make
> > >the effort to follow up on such legal aspects.
> >
> > Peronslly I don't need to follow up. There is GPL code - that's the end
> > of the story for the ASF. I too have looked for alternatives in the past
> > - they don't (to my knowedge exist) and I've wasted much time on this in
> > the past.
> >
> > I'm offering a solution. If others want to follow up on the legal front
> > fine - for me it is a dead end so lets get the code where it can be used.
>
> I am not referring to finding a replacement. I mean that
> our "legal-discuss" list is not a boogey monster. They
> want to treat everything on a case-by-case basis.
>
> No-one has yet even approached them on this matter.
>
> See Henri's answer in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-8

The way that i see it is that is it up to our PMC.

It is an optional plugin. If it was the core of
Forrest then things would be very different.

Sure we cannot distribute those jars, but we can choose
to say to the user: You need to download xxx.jar and
add it to your lib directory.

If that approach is acceptable to this PMC then
so be it.

Someone needs to clarify that with legal-discuss.

-David