We do have a process sorted out for releasing of Forrest core.
[1] How to release Forrest
http://forrest.apache.org/procedures/release/How_to_release.html

I reckon that it meets the ASF requirements. Please see
this email where i have before tried to ensure that we do:
[2] http://markmail.org/message/kwecoaue7p4qcy2v
To: forrest-dev
Re: Clarification on the release requirements

Unfortunately the links are broken in that display,
so i tracked them down again.

Here are a couple of places where Roy set out some
principles/policy/reasons-for-doing-stuff ...
[3] http://markmail.org/message/3odlybipss4wnczl
[4] http://markmail.org/message/njray5dbazwcdcts

I reckon that it would be worth our while to review
that discussion.

There is other background material at
[5] http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases
[6] http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

With those principles in mind, we need to attend to our
release process for our plugins.

We don't actually yet have a process.

Do "find in page" for "plugin" at [1] to see the steps.
You will reach a point where our doc says fixme
and refers to a draft document at
[7] $FORREST_HOME/plugins/RELEASE_PROCESS.txt
There are some other notes at
[8] http://forrest.apache.org/docs/dev/howto/howto-buildPlugin.html

We do have tools for doing "deploy" of plugins, i.e.
putting an updated version on the server.

As described in [6] Releases FAQ,
"
What Is A Release?
Releases are, by definition, anything that is published beyond the group that
owns it. In our case, that means any publication outside the group of people on
the product dev list. If the general public is being instructed to download a
package, then that package has been released. Each PMC must obey the ASF
requirements on approving any release. How you label the package is a secondary
issue, described below.
"

It should be easy. For each plugin, the proposer puts a package
at their apache.org space. We each download, install, review,
and then vote. Then use the "release" Ant target rather than
the "deploy" target.

However, we have another issue.

We have been providing that software via our website.
If i understand correctly then we should be doing
that from w.a.o/dist/forrest/

See some discussion at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1068

Perhaps we should at least solve the "release process" issue now,
and leave the deployment issue until post 0.9 release.

-David