Hello community,

We are currently trying to improve what "export logs" should do. Currently
export logs only export the logs(filtered by logLevel and start and end
date) to each individual member's file system. We want to make all the
member's logs exported to a central location  and if you are connecting
using http, it will be exported to your local file system. This is to
facilitate gathering logs in the cloud environment.

That said, for the first round of implementation, we would like to impose
these restrictions to this command:
1) it will only look for the logs/stats in each members working directory
only.
2) it will only look for files that ends with .log, .log.gz, .gfs or
.gfs.gz.

Background for 1): if you started your locator/server with "log-file" or
"statistics-archive-file" with an absolute path, it will write these files
to that location, but if you simply give it a relative path, the files will
be written to the member's working directory. The reasoning behind 1) is
that this command is mostly for those environment that you can't easily go
to the member's filesystem to get logs, but if you have started your
server/locator with an absolute path like "/var/logs", we are assuming you
already know how to get the logs, thus this command to not mean much to
you.

For restriction 2), since logs and stats files roll over, it is much easier
to find the target files with extensions rather than file name patterns. We
could either do not allow you to start server/locator with other file name
suffix or post a warning. We would need the community's input on this.

Any feedback is appreciated.

--
Cheers

Jinmei