Darrel, it seems if user defines a log file to be simply "serverLog" (a
filename with no "."), when rolling over the log file once file size is
reached, we get a IndexOutOfBoundError when it's trying to figure out
what's the rolled-over filename should be.

And if user defines a log file name to be "server.log.gz", when rolling
over, the new filename seems to be "server.log_01_01.gz". Does not look
like we handle the ".gz' suffix correctly. For now, we do want to enforce
the log/stats filename ends with appropriate suffix.

--
Cheers

Jinmei